NewStory Black Student Scholarship is a part of our response to the resurgent of racial injustice we see in our country today. As such, we have created this scholarship program to help Black students pursue higher education and advance their careers. We hope that the recipients of this scholarship will have a lasting, positive impact in their community and beyond!
Applicants Must Meet All of the Following Requirements:
- Black/African-American residents of Los Angeles.
- Students who have already been accepted into an academic program at a 2-year or 4-year college, or a trade or vocational school, which will begin or already be underway during the Spring term of 2021.
- Have demonstrated a financial need for their schooling.
Scholarship Amount & Usage:
- Applicants may apply this scholarship towards any school-related costs, including, but not limited to, tuition, supplies, and room & board.
- Awards will range from $1,000 to $3,000 per recipient.
- Application Deadline: October 15, 2020
- Award Announcement: November 23, 2020
- We have created a Help Center to assist you with your application essays. If you are interested in getting help, please email us with the subject line, “Help Center.”