Advent is an amazing season leading up to Christmas in anticipation of the birth of Jesus our Savior! As a church, we will go through Advent Reflections which will inspire you and your small groups and your families to celebrate the arrival of Jesus. This four-week plan incorporates animated videos, short summaries, and reflective questions to help you explore the biblical meaning of hope, peace, joy, and love. Choose this plan to discover how these four virtues have arrived to the world through Jesus.
TO FOLLOW THE PLAN:
Step 2: Search the plans section for "Advent Reflections" or use the links below.
Step 3: Start the Plan* on November 29th to follow the 28-day journey. You can either start on that day or save for later.
*When you start this plan you have the option to start "By Yourself" or "With Friends." We encourage you to do this plan in your small group or with family members. You can invite others to participate in this devotional with you and share your thoughts on the devotional each day.
Step 4: Journal your thoughts as you read and reflect. There is a devotional guide each day that will help you as you Read, Reflect, and Respond.
- Thoughtfully read God's Word, read the passage more than once.
- Notice a word, phrase, or verse that sticks out and write it down.
- Is there a command to obey?
- Is there a promise to claim?
- Is there a sin to avoid?
- Is there a lesson to learn?
- Why do you think this passage stood out to you?
- Write out a few sentences on what you think you're hearing from God.
- Ask yourself, "How will I RESPOND?
- Write a short prayer to God In response to what you just heard Him say through His Word.
- Thank Him for speaking to you.