Now is the Time: Acts Devotional
April 20, 2020 to May 19, 2020
Now Is The Time: A 30-day Devotional through the Book of Acts
Here at NewStory, we celebrate our intimate relationship with God by regularly spending time in His Word. To assist you, one of the tools that NewStory provides is the daily devotional plan. Everyday for the next 30 days, we will go through the book of Acts which tells of the dramatic accounts of what the apostles and the Early Church accomplished and endured; and the stories will literally take your breath away. Even the name of the book lets you know that it is ACTion-packed. You will read a lot of stories about real people who lived in real places at a time in history (over 1900 years ago). This time in history was marked by danger and daring. These people will have active roles, but the lead role belongs to God the Holy Spirit. Watch for Him! Listen to Him! God will speak to your heart as you read and meditate on His Word.
TO FOLLOW THE PLAN:
Step 2: Search the plans section for "Now is the Time: Acts Adult Journey". For families, there are youth and childrens editions: "Now Is The Time: Acts Youth Journey", "Now Is The Time: Acts Children's Journey" or use the links below.
Step 4: Journal your thoughts as you read and reflect. There is a devotional guide each day which will help you as you Read, Reflect, and Respond. Parents: Print and have your children log their daily devotionals.
- Thoughtfully read God's Word, read the passage more than once.
- Notice a word, phrase or verse that sticks out and write it down.
- Is there a command to obey?
- Is there a promise to claim?
- Is there a sin to avoid?
- Is there a lesson to learn?
- Why do you think this passage stood out to you?
- Write out a few sentences on what you think you're hearing from God.
- Ask yourself, "How will I RESPOND?
- Write a short prayer to God In response to what you just heard Him say through His Word.
- Thank Him for speaking to you.