June 15, 2020 to July 11, 2020
Do you find it challenging to live out your faith in the wake of suffering, pain, or pandemic? The book of James holds our hand and walks us through the practice of living the Christian faith. James writes to believers who know suffering, who’ve faced trials, and who ultimately desire a deep relationship with God. This is a very practical book answering important questions of everyday life. Exhorting us to spiritual maturity and holiness, James gives us practical advice by taking the abstract concept of faith to make it concrete. Here at NewStory, we celebrate our intimate relationship with God by spending time in His Word daily. As we go through the book of James for the next month, God will speak to our hearts to apply the wisdom and practical instruction as we read and meditate on His Word.
TO FOLLOW THE PLAN:
Step 2: Search the plans section for "Love God Greatly James" or use the links below.
Step 3: Start the Plan on June 15th to follow the 27-day journey.
Step 4: Journal your thoughts as you read and reflect. There is a devotional guide each day which will help you as you Read, Reflect, and Respond.
- Thoughtfully read God's Word, read the passage more than once.
- Notice a word, phrase or verse that sticks out and write it down.
- Is there a command to obey?
- Is there a promise to claim?
- Is there a sin to avoid?
- Is there a lesson to learn?
- Why do you think this passage stood out to you?
- Write out a few sentences on what you think you're hearing from God.
- Ask yourself, "How will I RESPOND?
- Write a short prayer to God In response to what you just heard Him say through His Word.
- Thank Him for speaking to you.